Before you install SkypeCap, please log off and close Skype.
- Download skypecap.exe from http://www.skypecap.com/download/skypecap.exe, and execute the file to launch Setup. If you receive a security warning, click Run to proceed.
- Choose the language that you would like to use when installing SkypeCap, then click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, click Next to begin.
- Please read and accept the license agreement, then click Next.
- Choose the folder to which Setup will install SkypeCap, then click Next.
- Choose the name of the Start Menu folder in which Setup will create program icons, then click Next.
- Specify whether to create a desktop icon, and then click Next.
- Verify the installation options, and then click Install.
- Once Setup has finished installing SkypeCap, choose whether to set up sound settings or to launch SkypeCap, then click Finish.
Installation complete, now you need to configure SkypeCap to record Skype.
SkypeCap is quick and easy to configure.
- Start SkypeCap.
- On the File menu, choose Output Folder (or click on the Output Folder toolbar icon).
The output folder is the location to which SkypeCap will save your recorded audio and video sessions. You can also use the Browse button to choose your output folder.
- On the File menu, choose Setup Sound. Follow the instructions on the panel to configure your sound settings.
- On the Settings menu, choose Video Settings (or click on the Video Settings toolbar icon).
Specify the codec and quality level that SkypeCap should use when capturing video. Some codecs permit you to set additional properties. Specify the FPS rate (how many frames per second that SkypeCap should save). Click OK when you have finished.
- On the Settings menu, choose Audio Settings (or click on the Audio Settings toolbar icon).
Specify the codec and quality level that SkypeCap should use when capturing audio. Some codecs permit you to set additional properties. Click OK when you have finished.
- SkypeCap is now configured!
Capturing Skype Audio and Video with SkypeCap
Capturing Skype audio and video is easy with SkypeCap.
- Start Skype and login as you would normally.
Skype may present you with a message that SkypeCap wants to use Skype. Choose the Allow this program to use Skype option and click OK to permit this action. Note that once you have logged in to Skype, SkypeCap's red status box lights up, indicating that SkypeCap recognizes its connectivity to Skype.
- Start a Skype audio or video session as you would normally.
When you start a Skype audio session, SkypeCap's audio text changes and its yellow status box lights up, indicating that SkypeCap recognizes that a Skype audio session is occurring and is ready to record it.
When you start a Skype video session, SkypeCap's video text changes and its green status box lights up, indicating that SkypeCap recognizes that a Skype video session is occurring and is ready to record it.
- In SkypeCap, click either or both of the Record Video or Record Voice buttons to start recording video or audio.
- To stop recording, click the Stop Recording button in SkypeCap.
Tip: Select the Auto Record checkbox to enable SkypeCap to start recording automatically, whenever a Skype video or audio session is occurring. SkypeCap will also stop recording automatically when the video or audio session stops.
- To open the folder in which your captured video and audio sessions are stored, select the File menu, and then choose Open Folder (or click the Open Folder button).